Being a Brit is pretty great, but we do have our problems.
Whether it’s the weather, public transport or our innate need to be ever so polite, it’s hard not to experience some sort of quintessentially British issue on a daily basis.
So here’s a round up of just 14 of those problems we Brits will truly understand…
1. Receiving an email that is signed off ‘thanks’ and knowing the person is barely containing their rage
You can feel the passive aggressiveness rolling off the email the minute you click read.
2. People trying to engage you in conversation before your morning caffeine fix
Just don’t even bother until I’ve had my Costa. OK?
3. Being unable to stop yourself using the word ‘sorry’ for any time period over an hour
Sorry, but it’s true.
4. Coming to work when you’re really ill
The British stiff upper lip is such a drag… and the guilt. So much guilt.
5. People standing on BOTH sides of the escalator
MOVE!!!’ you quietly think while tapping your foot and waiting patiently.
6. When you offer to make a colleague a coffee, and they say ‘yes
You never actually thought they’d say yes. Damn British politeness…
7. When The X Factor and Strictly Come Dancing clash on TV